WHAT IS KINESIO® TAPE?
MADE WITH EVERYONE IN MIND
Kinesio® Tape is safe enough for a baby's sensitive skin, gentle enough for the thin-skinned aging individuals, flexible enough for rehabilitation, durable enough to support any working muscle, joint or ligament and strong enough for athletes at an level.
Kinesio® is the original elastic therapeutic tape developed by Dr. Kenzo Kase in 1979. Kinesio® Tape is latex-free, hypoallergenic and may be worn for days at a time.
KINESIO®: NOT ALL TAPES ARE CREATED EQUAL
OFTEN IMITATED, NEVER DUPLICATED
- 100% gentle cotton fiber
- 100% medical grade acrylic adhesive
- 100% latex-free
- Does not limit range of motion (ROM)
- Multiple day wear time
- Tension on tape designed to relax or stimulate muscles
- Mimics the texture and elasticity of human skin
- In cases applied by practitioners, layers of tape may be applied for more effective lifting of skin layers, epidermis and dermis, without heaviness or stiffness.
- Kinesio® brand tape is the specific tool of the Kinesio Taping® Method, the basis of our ability to tape even the most sensitive skin and wide variety of patients.
- Through the shared clinical experience of our trained Kinesio Taping® practitioners, Kinesio® has developed our adhesive to address a wide range of patient care needs, from pediatrics to senior citizens and everyone else in between.
- Kinesio® tape can be worn during intense exercise, showering, bathing or swimming, and dries comfortably after a quick pat with a towel
HOW KINESIO® TAPE WORKS
TRULY MIMICS SKIN
Kinesio® Tape alleviates discomfort and facilitates lymphatic drainage by microscopically lifting the skin. This lifting effect forms convolutions in the skin, thus increasing interstitial space and allowing for a decrease in inflammation. This reduces pressure while enabling a more effective flow of blood and lymphatic fluid in and out of the target area.
Based upon years of clinical use, treatment incorporating Kinesio® Tape is specifically applied to the patient based upon their needs after skilled evaluation. The findings of the clinical evaluation or assessment dictate the specific choices of Kinesio Taping® application and other associated treatments or modalities. With the utilization of single “I” strips or modifications in the shape of an “X”, “Y” or other specialized shapes, as well as the direction and amount of stretch placed on the tape at time of application, Kinesio Taping® can be applied in hundreds of ways and has the ability to re-educate the neuromuscular system, reduce inflammation, prevent injury and promote good circulation and healing, and assist in returning the body to homeostasis.
"Several years ago, prior to my knee surgeries, my physical therapist used kinesio tape on my knees. Recently, since one of the surgeries did not turn out too well and still bothers me after eight years, I decided to try taping my "bad" knee to see if it could help with the pain. Since I was not sure which would be best, I purchased three different brands. All pretty much help by taking the pressure off my artificial joint. Unfortunately, although all the brands claimed their product would last a week, I found that only Kinesio Tex actually did as claimed. Even though I use the exact, same method of applying each brand, only this product adheres to my skin and to itself, and does not come off when rubbed by my pants. I must admit that I give the bandaging a good test each day since I wear it during water aerobics, showers, and through the extreme heat we've been experiencing this summer (read 'sweating like a pig'). One of the brands tends to peel off within minutes (from rubbing by my clothing) leading to my having to replace the bandage daily. Another brand, while it doesn't roll off quite as quickly, tends to fray around the edges more than the others which again leads me to have to replace it after four or five days. One of the other things I like about Kinesio Tex is that it comes off easily when you want it to with no tugging or pulling on the skin in the process. Altogether a superior brand that I highly recommend." - Seadancer Amazon.com